Monday, May 18, 2009

Checking things off the list! and more...

This last weekend was PACKED full of stuff to do! I feel like I was going all weekend long and now my feet hurt and I am exhausted (I thought weekends are suppose to rejuvenate you).

Here is my weekend recap...

We finally got our pre-admissions completed.

Jonathan didn't work that day and so we got up early (not a fun thing to do on a day off) and drove to the appointment.

There was so much paper work to fill out and then when we finally got called back I had to answer one billion questions.

There was an alarming thing when they took my vitals though and that was my heart beat. It was racing at 124 bpm even though I felt calm, it really freaked me out. It freaked me out even more when the nurse commented on it.

My blood pressure how ever is a little higher (which is good since I have really low blood pressure) and I haven't gained any weight, in fact I lost some weighing in at 154.5 lbs (I have only gained 14-16lbs so far).

On the paper they give you it tells you that the appointment would take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour, well it took 2 hours! We got out of there at 10:30 but I feel a great sense of accomplishment. It feels so crazy to be registered and ready to go!

When we were finished we went to Wal-Mart (what I wouldn't give to have a Target in town) and bought some goodies to pack our hospital bag. When we got home we spent the next hour or so packing. We didn't get finished because it's hard to pack somethings because we are still using them but everything that we aren't using is ready to go!

Jonathan had to work this day. I hate when he works on Saturdays it ruins my whole week throwing my days all out of whack.

Mushu needed to be taken to the vet because he was trying to eat/lick/scratch his skin off. So, I got up early (again!) and took Jonathan to work. After we dropped him off Mu and I drove over to the vet to try to get him all fixed up. Well some pills, ointment, a shot and 57 dollars later I find out he is having a moderate allergic reaction to fleas! It's so annoying but just a week before I got him some frontline...I guess with all the rain we have been having it has just gotten washed away. He seems to be feeling much better though and that is what matters most.

I have also caught the nesting bug. I see dirt everywhere anyway because I have a slightly obsessive personality when it comes to cleaning. Now that I am coming towards the end of my pregnancy I am even more compelled to clean (when I am not completely exhausted). So I tried to spend the rest of my Jonathan free Saturday cleaning. I ended up falling asleep on the couch after a couple of hours though :(

Our 6 year anniversary!

I can't believe we have been married for 6 years, it doesn't feel that long and yet I can't remember my life with out him. It's like my life before marriage was a dream or a story.

I can't believe how incredibly in love I still am. I find myself missing him terribly when we are apart and getting butterflies in my stomach still when I see him. I thank God all the time for bringing me to my soul mate.

We had a lot going on this day. We got up early (again with the early!) and went to church. After that we grabbed Arby's to eat on the road and drove to Muskogee to attend the Renaissance Faire. I LOVE the ren faire and so two hours into it when I was getting completely exhausted from all the walking and dehydrated from lack of cheap water (why does water at these events cost out the butt?) we ended up driving back to Tulsa. I was really sad. I hated that we couldn't stay longer and enjoy everything. When we got to Tulsa we went to Barnes and Nobles and had a frozen drink and picked out a new series to start together. I love starting books together! It gives us something relaxing to do and to talk about together. The book we picked was the Dragonriders of Purn series. I have heard nothing but good things about these books so I hope they are as good as everyone says.
We went to dinner at Zio's and ordered way too much food so we have left overs for tonight (yay no cooking!). Then after that we went to Home Depot to get some home improvement supplies (I am in mega nesting mode remember). What we ended up getting is some molding to go around the cabinets in the kitchen. They are old and chipped along the edges and I thought the molding would do nicely to hid the chips and freshen up the look of the cabinets.That is what I am going to work on today! I can't wait to get started :)

I know this post doesn't have any pictures and a post isn't as fun without pictures so I will try to get more for the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment