Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Another Look Into Our House: The Kitchen

I thought I would get around to blogging more of our home. It is time to peer into my windows and look at the kitchen. (Peer into my window's is in reference to how my mom thinks blogging is just a high tech way to allow people to be peeping Tom's or noisy Nancy's or what have you, but I digress.) My kitchen and my dining room/laundry room/ place-where-the-deep-freezer-is-kept is basically the same room there is a small wall with a pass through that divides the two areas but that hardly makes it two distinct places. The cabinets go to the ceiling which is nice for storage but bad for a 4'11" housewife. This is the reason the step stool is kept in the kitchen at all times, but I don't know if you can see it in the pictures...
The fridge is some what tiny, technically we could fit a full sized one in that space but when we first moved in we couldn't afford a bigger one and now that we are scrounging and saving every penny we still can't afford a bigger one.
There is no dish washer and so, with the baby, I usually find myself doing dishes about 2-3 times a day while Jonathan is at work. On the weekend I don't do them as often. It's not as bad as you would think. I dread it but once I am in the process I find that doing dishes by hand is fast and easy, it's just the thought that sucks. That being said I do look forward to having a dishwasher just because they are nice place to hide dirty dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment