Friday, September 4, 2009

Baked Spicy Sweet Potato Fries

It wasn't until I was about 21 that I started liking sweet potatoes, before then the only way I knew them was with nasty marshmallows melted on top. My mother-in-law is the one who opened my eyes to what potential sweet potatoes had. She made this awesome casserole one day and it was to die for (I need to get that recipe from her). I was hooked on them ever since. Then one day I came across sweet potato fries and I had to try them and it was love at first taste. Oh I want them now! The only complaint I have is they are a pain in the butt to slice because they are the densest veggie I have ever run across. (Sorry for the blurry picture the lighting has been awful here the last few days).
...............
Ingredients:
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 tsp of crushed red pepper
1 tbsp of oil (olive, vegetable, canola, it doesn't matter)
Salt and Pepper
...............



..............
Directions:
Preheat your oven to 425. Wash, peal, and slice your potatoes into 1/4 inch strips. Place them into a zip lock bag and add oil, crushed red pepper and salt and pepper to taste. Zip the bag up but leave the air in so the bag is ballooned out. Now shake until oil and seasoning coats all the potatoes. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and place in middle rack of oven. Bake for 20 minutes and flip fries then bake for another 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment