Saturday, October 17, 2009

Crib Training Update

It seems to have been working.

When we first started I was trying to get him to go to sleep earlier AND sleep in his crib so for the first 2 nights of crib training we had a bit of a problem that included a lot of crying. The last 2 nights I put him to bed at 10ish (which is his usual bed time when he would sleep with us) and he fusses for a few minutes and then goes to sleep. Last night he slept 12 hours and the night before he slept 10.

We are using a modified version of the Ferber method in which we don't wait as long between going in and comforting him, he is only 4 months old after all.

Now that he is sleeping through the night I am going to change up my pumping schedule. I am looking forward to not getting up at 2 in the morning to pump. I think my new times will be 6:30 am, 1 pm, 6pm, 11:30 pm. Much better then my old times which were 9am, 2pm, 9pm, and 2 or 3 am.

And just because he is so stinking cute I will leave you with a picture of little man licking a duck.

1 comment:

  1. That's great about crib training working and his sleeping through the night (I remember the thrill when ours did). Jake in a bucket - the cuteness overflows! Get it? LOL

    ReplyDelete