Thursday, February 4, 2010

So Long Sweet Cable

We have been trying to cut money from the budget left and right in order to save for a bigger home. I have been toying with the idea of getting rid of cable for many months but I could never bring myself to do it. Jonathan would always make a case that it's really one of our only forms of entertainment and he was right at the time. Now, however, we are both getting back into hobbies that keep us away from the boob tube. I am in to photography full force, he is into his nerdy online games, we are both into reading and we can't forget our biggest and best time sink of all. ::Ques little man's squeals of delight:: I usually have Jonathan call places like this because I usually get talked into keeping our current plan or worse get sucked into a bigger plan because "it's a great deal" (those customer service people can be so sneaky and I hate saying no) but I was the one to call  yesterday afternoon. It was surprisingly easy and now we have $40 in our bank every month. (I did keep very basic cable for news and late night shows.)

And because a post wouldn't be as interesting without a picture:

4 comments:

  1. We need to do this. Unfortunately my husband signed us up with satellite for 2 years. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you on CM :). I love your PW blogs, because I love her food as well! I just wanted to tell you that we gave up our cable too. We got a HD antenna. It is about $75 bucks per antenna, BUT... NO monthly bills! We've had it for about a year now. We get all of the local channels, and a sports channel. Just food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I will keep that in mind. So far I am loving not having cable but it hasn't been that long, haha. I am really enjoying all the PW food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her blackberry cobbler is AWESOME. I love her Best ever lasagna as well! :) That is all I have tried so far.

    ReplyDelete