Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mexican Chicken- 2 ways

This is the first crock pot recipe I have ever made (besides queso) I got it from an online community that I frequent. When I was little my mom use to make pot roast in her slow cooker and I hated it so I was a little leery of trying to cook anything in my slow cooker. Good thing I tried anyway, it was fast, easy, cheap and good.
...............

Ingredients:

4 chicken breasts
16oz jar of salsa
16 tortillas
cheddar cheese
2 cans of corn
1 can of black beans
sour cream
...............


Directions:


Place the 4 chicken breasts in the slow cooker and on top of them pour 2 cans of corn (drained) and 1 can of black beans (drained). On top of that add 3/4 of the jar of salsa. Place the lid and cook on low for 7 hours (you can also cook it on high for 4 hours).
After the chicken has cooked transfer it to a bowl and shred it with your fork.
Drain the excess liquid away from the corn and beans and mix it in with the shredded chicken.
...............


Meal #1:
Chicken Tacos
















Heat up your tortilla in the microwave for a few seconds (there is nothing worse then warm filling in a cold tortilla) and spread some sour cream around on it. Place a good portion of the chicken mixture on top of the sour cream and top that with cheddar cheese. I then add a couple of spoon fulls of salsa for spice. And yes they are on a paper plate because with a new little one in the house keeping me busy that's just how I roll, haha.
...............


Meal #2:
Chicken Quesadillas

















Heat up your pan over medium heat. Lightly butter one side of your tortilla. Lay tortilla butter side down in the pan and cover half the tortilla with cheddar cheese. On top of your cheese add your chicken mixture and top with a little more cheese. Fold the tortilla in half and fry to till brown on both sides (usually 2 minutes per side) serve with a spoon full of sour cream and salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment