Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring Cleaning: Day Two

Today me and the boy tackled the kitchen and the dinning room/laundry room/room-that-holds-the-deep-freezer.

I started before he woke up this morning because the kitchen is quite a project which involves me climbing up and down on a step stool (because I am short and the cabinets are tall and that's just not a good combo) and he likes to get under foot. 

I started with the "pantry" cabinets. I threw anything away that was stale or past the expiration date. After that I  scrubbed down the cabinets and organized all the like things together.




















































Next was the junk drawer (isn't it funny how we all have one). I dumped it out and threw away some of the ridiculous things that were in there.
 Next I cleaned under the sink and organized the bottom cabinets.

Then came the fridge and freezer.


























I finished just in time. Little man woke up shortly after and of course he wanted to help.
























After the boy got up we completed the following:

  • Washed the windows in kitchen and dinning room. 
  • Vacuumed the dinning room rug. 
  • Dusted on top of the fridge. 
  • Cleaned out the microwave.
  • Cleaned the stove and oven. 
  • Swept and mopped the floor. 
  • Cleaned the baseboards. 
In the afternoon we cleaned out Jonathan's and my closet. The rest of the bedroom is clean since we just got all new furniture, curtains, and bed spread.



Just one more room (the bathroom) and the inside will be all clean!

1 comment: